Forum - Forum for discussion of almost anything - AdventureMoto

User not found

This user could not be found. They may have deleted their account.

View full profile

User not found

This user could not be found. They may have deleted their account.

Username:
Password:
remember me?
 Latest:
Help / Support | Settings | View or Edit your profile
Forum Level:
Just getting started
Dual-sport trail Canada to Mexico
I have heard of a dual-sport trail (combination of unpaved roads mostly) that runs from Canada to Mexico in the far west. Anybody know where I can get information about this?Thanks,Mike
If this thread breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Just getting started
---------------------------------Mike Cornett wrote: > I have heard of a dual-sport trail (combination of unpaved roads mostly) that runs from Canada to Mexico in the far west. Anybody know where I can get information about this?> > Thanks,> MikeMike that is the Great Western Trail, a 3000+mile 4X4, OHV, multiuse trail of discovery. It is marked throughout much of Utah and on some forest maps there. It is marked on the Prescott, and Tonto and some of the north Kaibab national forests. It has some problems getting across private lands right at the moment in southern AZ.It will leave Utah near bear lake and head into Idaho towards Sandpoint and then the Canadian border. Contact the GWT Association, PO Box 41, Kaysville, UT.84037,(801-593-937eek. I hope that helps, I live in Az., and try to stay abreast of its happenings here.
If this reply breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Just getting started

---------------------------------
Mike Cornett wrote:
> I have heard of a dual-sport trail (combination of unpaved roads mostly) that runs from Canada to Mexico in the far west. Anybody know where I can get information about this?Thanks,Mike

THE MEXICO/CANADA RIDE IS PUT ON BY JERRY COUNTS AND DAVE HUTCHENS OUT OF CALIFORNIA.
YOU CAN REACH DAVE @ 760 251-2477
OR @ madhutch@aol.com
START PREPING THAT BIKE!
Forum Level:
Just getting started
Forum Level:
Just getting started
just recently, last 2 or 3 months, Rider magazine had an article by Clement Salvadori on a Mexico to Canada ride

DB COOPER wrote:
>
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------
> Mike Cornett wrote:
> > I have heard of a dual-sport trail (combination of unpaved roads mostly) that runs from Canada to Mexico in the far west. Anybody know where I can get information about this?Thanks,Mike
>
> THE MEXICO/CANADA RIDE IS PUT ON BY JERRY COUNTS AND DAVE HUTCHENS OUT OF CALIFORNIA.
> YOU CAN REACH DAVE @ 760 251-2477
> OR @ madhutch@aol.com
> START PREPING THAT BIKE!
Forum Level:
Just getting started
Get this book. "Cycling the Great Divide: From Canada to Mexico on America's Premier Long Distance Mountain Bike Route
by Michael McCoy
One can also ride this route on a motorcycle...

Stew wrote:
> just recently, last 2 or 3 months, Rider magazine had an article by Clement Salvadori on a Mexico to Canada ride
>
>
> ---------------------------------
> DB COOPER wrote:
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > ---------------------------------
> > Mike Cornett wrote:
> > > I have heard of a dual-sport trail (combination of unpaved roads mostly) that runs from Canada to Mexico in the far west. Anybody know where I can get information about this?Thanks,Mike
> >
> > THE MEXICO/CANADA RIDE IS PUT ON BY JERRY COUNTS AND DAVE HUTCHENS OUT OF CALIFORNIA.
> > YOU CAN REACH DAVE @ 760 251-2477
> > OR @ madhutch@aol.com
> > START PREPING THAT BIKE!