Forum - Forum for discussion of almost anything - AdventureMoto

User not found

This user could not be found. They may have deleted their account.

View full profile

User not found

This user could not be found. They may have deleted their account.

Username:
Password:
remember me?
 Latest:
Help / Support | Settings | View or Edit your profile
Forum Level:
Just getting started
KLR 650 VS BMW DAKAR
I'm getting ready to purchase a dual sport motorcycle for a Baja trip and would like a few unbiased opinions on these two bikes.Tanks PBJ.
If this thread breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Just getting started
If you've got the money buy the BMW. I have a KLR and love it, but there is quite a gap in quality, and therefore price.

---------------------------------
Perry wrote:
> I'm getting ready to purchase a dual sport motorcycle for a Baja trip and would like a few unbiased opinions on these two bikes.Tanks PBJ.
If this reply breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Just getting started
I've done a lot of research into these two motorcycles and I bought a KLR. I also talked to alot of people and they told me that on the highway the Dakar is better, but off-roading the KLR really leaves the Dakar in the dust. The Dakar is to heavy for nimble roads. The KLR hasn't changed in 17 years and with a new seat, Corbin $225, it is great for the road. I've had mine for 6 months and have put 3800 miles on it and haven't had a bit of trouble. It's a tried and true bike that is easy to get parts for anywhere. BMW, like other fancier bikes, can be tough to find parts for. For the money, reliablilty, and sheer fun. I like the KLR. It also has a 6.1 gallon tank and I get 65 MPG with mine so my cruising range is well over 300 miles. That really comes in handy. Not to mention the insurance isn't as high. Both are great, but for the money and capability, I would really look at the KLR.

---------------------------------
Michael wrote:
> If you've got the money buy the BMW. I have a KLR and love it, but there is quite a gap in quality, and therefore price.
>
>
> ---------------------------------
> Perry wrote:
> > I'm getting ready to purchase a dual sport motorcycle for a Baja trip and would like a few unbiased opinions on these two bikes.Tanks PBJ.
If this reply breaks our rules please